So you think you’re gonna ride the SLC Century?
Last week I rode my first 20 mile ride of the season. Foolishly, this week I asked my friend Troy if he'd like to go on 20 mile ride with me. I'm beat. Not quite the athlete stud I'd like to be! A couple of problems here.
- Troy is an athlete stud, even if this was his first ride of the season
- I foolishly suggested that we start at his house (250 ft higher than the low point on the route)
- I let Troy determine the route, which turned out to be 27 miles, not 20 miles.
- Troy set a leisurely pace (for him!), and I foolishly kept up with him for the first 13 miles
- I'm carrying an extra 20 pounds THAT NEED TO GO AWAY!